Monday, February 16, 2009

feeble me

a nervous ghost
followed everywhere
you tear my skin, brick by brick
the dog will not stop barking at me
im no mario champion
i know how to fill my lungs
i pace the room,
the drying bottles
i think about money,
i think about mistakes
two bottles cheap whiskey
and ancient cartoons
carved stone walls
halfface fistfite
"we're not making this up just so we can take over the world"
i'm dirty pants, stain a stranger
deep draughts in rumbling wagons
a grin for a green apple tossed in lap
o happy cementface
you lift me
i carry the case
in the summer, for the free, for the caught,
and drink drink drink
on the roof, in the howl, the good square in the morning
paintfingers, the itch,
back against
the floorboards.
knownothing, quiet me.
i'm just floating here so you can't catch me.
you don't know
i'll pretend to be empty
so smug
with your shadow keeper
you mock my armour
but i am weak within it
i am dirty, broken lung, bad teeth & proud
but don't you know when i lie
the fox is chewing my gut.

No comments: